October 7th to 10th, 2021 (Thursday 6:00 PM to Sunday 3:00 PM)
Registration Due Date: Friday, September 10th, 2021
Teacher: Bhante Sathi
Retreat Format: Hybrid (online and in-person)
Fee: In-person ($350), Online ($200)
Click here to register
In this part of the world, Karma is the idea of a suitable exchange. But have you ever wondered what the Buddhist concept of karma is? Kamma means the intentional action which may create energy to reproduce a similar reaction. Understanding the karma is helpful for planning the future and also rearranging your lifestyle. At this retreat we will gain skills to achieve happiness by understanding Karma along with how it plays a role in your everyday life.
Teacher: Sathi been practicing meditation for more than 35 years and teaching for 25 years. Sathi has traveled all over the United States and Erope to lead meditation retreats and workshops. Sathi is the founder and leading teacher at Metta meditation center.
Retreat is limited to 20 guests please. Click here to register so you can reserve your spot!
Fee: For Online $200
For room and retreat $350
*fee only for the retreat expenses. most participants make additional donations for food and teacher.
Food: Vegetarian breakfast and lunch will be provided. dinner will be a light snack.
Accommodation: This retreat is at the Metta Meditation Center. Your allocated room will be given at the time of registration. You will find the accommodations are not luxurious, but quite adequate for the purpose of the retreat. There is a scenic view of the lake and the meditation hall is quiet and spacious. Bedrooms are conveniently accessible. There are separate quarters for male and female participants. Most rooms have two beds so you will likely have a roommate. Rooms will be assigned based on same gender. If you have any preference of a roommate or a single room, please let us know in advance.
Attendance: Retreat participants are asked and strongly encouraged to start and end the retreat with the entire group. Any exceptions to this are only made by the teacher with special permission granted.
Clothing and Other Details: Clothing worn during the retreat should cover the entire body (for example long pants are preferred over shorts). Short sleeve shirts are acceptable though sleeveless shirts should be avoided. Clothing should be comfortable. Also, heavily scented perfumes/products should be avoided. There are members of the community who are sensitive to certain scents.
To reserve your spot immediately, please click on the donate button below to make a payment. Thank you!
Thursday Night Schedule:
- 06:00 PM – 07:00 PM: Opening Night Welcome & Introduction (group in-person & zoom)
- 08:00 PM – 09:00 PM: Group Discussion (group in-person & zoom)
Friday & Saturday Schedule:
- 06:30 AM – 07:15 AM: Sitting Meditation led by a volunteer practice leader (group in-person & zoom)
- 07:15 AM – 08:00 AM: Meal and Independent Practice (individual)
- 08:00 AM – 09:00 AM: Morning Teachings (group in-person & zoom)
- 09:00 AM – 10:00 AM: Group Practice (group in-person & zoom)
- 11:15 AM – 12:00 PM: Walking/Movement Practice (individual)
- 12:00 PM – 02:00 PM: Lunch and Independent Practice (individual)
- 02:00 PM – 03:00 PM: Q&A (group in-person & zoom)
- 03:15 PM – 04:00 PM: Group Sitting (group in-person & zoom)
- 04:00 PM – 05:00 PM Mindful Motion with Yoga/Qigong (group in-person & zoom)
- 05:00 PM – 07:00 PM: Walking/Movement Practice/Meal/Independent Practice (individual)
- 07:00 PM – 08:00 PM: Teachings /Talk (group in-person & zoom)
- 08:00 PM – 08:30 PM: Walking/Movement Practice (individual)
- 08:30 PM – 09:00 PM: Chanting and Sitting (group in-person & zoom)
Sunday Closing Day:
- 06:30 AM – 07:15 AM: Sitting meditation led by a volunteer practice leader (group in-person & zoom)
- 07:15 AM – 08:30 AM: Meal and Independent Practice (individual)
- 08:30 AM – 10:00 AM: Teaching and Meditation (group in-person & zoom)
- 01:00 PM – 02:00 PM: Closing practice (group in-person & zoom)