August 25th to 28th, 2022 (Thursday 5:00 PM to Sunday 3:00 PM)
Registration Due Date: Thursday, July 15th, 2022
Anxiety is a concept we see all too often encounter or witness in our day-to-day lives. In technical terms, anxiety is the constant worry or uneasiness regarding an event or moment. However, if we go deeper, anxiety is the feeling of worry or unease due to thought; it is an emotion produced by the mind.
During this retreat, we will go over techniques to help smooth that constant feeling of dread and unease and replace those feelings with confidence and tranquility. You will also be given tools to incorporate these mental exercises into your daily life to help keep your anxiety under control.
Teacher: Bhante Sathi
Retreat Format: Hybrid (online and in-person)
Fee: In-person ($350), Online ($200).
Dāna (Pali, Generosity): Please note that the retreat fee covers the Center’s expenses of hosting participants. It is customary to make additional donations for the teacher and meals.
Teacher: Sathi has been practicing meditation for more than 35 years and teaching for 25 years. Sathi has traveled all over the United States and Europe to lead meditation retreats and workshops. Sathi is the founder and leading teacher at the Metta meditation center.
Food: Vegetarian breakfast and lunch will be provided. dinner will be a light snack.
Accommodation: This retreat is at the Metta Meditation Center. Your allocated room will be given at the time of registration. You will find the accommodations are not luxurious, but quite adequate for the purpose of the retreat. There is a scenic view of the lake and the meditation hall is quiet and spacious. Bedrooms are conveniently accessible. There are separate quarters for male and female participants. Most rooms have two beds so you will likely have a roommate. Rooms will be assigned based on the same gender. If you have any preference for a roommate or a single room, please let us know in advance.
Attendance: Retreat participants are asked and strongly encouraged to start and end the retreat with the entire group. Any exceptions to this are only made by the teacher with special permission granted.
Clothing and Other Details: Clothing worn during the retreat should cover the entire body (for example long pants are preferred over shorts). Short sleeve shirts are acceptable though sleeveless shirts should be avoided. Clothing should be comfortable. Also, heavily scented perfumes/products should be avoided. There are members of the community who are sensitive to certain scents.
To reserve your spot immediately, please click on the "donate" button below to make a payment.
- 05:00 PM - 06:00 PM: Arriving and cheking in
- 06:00 PM – 07:00 PM: Opening Night Welcome & Introduction (group in-person & zoom)
- 08:00 PM – 09:00 PM: Group Discussion (group in-person & zoom)
Friday & Saturday
- 06:00 AM – 07:15 AM: Mindful movements
- 07:15 AM – 08:15 AM: Meal and independent practice (individual)
- 08:30 AM – 10:00 AM: Morning teachings (group in-person & zoom)
- 10:00 AM – 11:15 AM: Walking and sitting practice (group in-person & zoom)
- 11:15 AM – 12:00 PM: Mindful moments
- 12:00 PM – 02:00 PM: Lunch and independent practice (individual)
- 02:00 PM – 03:00 PM: Q&A (group in-person & zoom)
- 03:15 PM – 04:00 PM: Group sitting (group in-person & zoom)
- 04:30 PM – 05:30 PM: Mindful motion with Yoga or Qigong (group in-person & zoom)
- 06:00 PM – 07:00 PM: Snack or dinner
- 07:00 PM – 08:30 PM: Teaching & talk (group in-person & zoom)
- 08:30 PM – 09:00 PM: Guided discussion
Sunday Closing Day
- 06:30 AM – 07:15 AM: Sitting meditation (group in-person & zoom)
- 07:15 AM – 08:30 AM: Meal and Independent Practice (individual)
- 08:30 AM – 10:00 AM: Teaching and Meditation (group in-person & zoom)
- 01:00 PM – 02:00 PM: Closing practice (group in-person & zoom)
If attending the retreat in person:
- Location: Google Maps has been known to take our guests to the main house rather than the center. When you arrive, you’ll pull into a gravel road on the highway, simply keep driving until you see a large yellow building on your left-hand side next to a large white cross. That is where the Center is.
- Accommodations: The registration fee is inclusive of a room and meals. Rooms are dorm-style with shared bathrooms.
- Clothing: Try to bring comfortable clothing as you will be spending a lot of time conducting various types of meditation and mindfulness practices.
- Toiletries: Try to avoid bringing heavily scented items and some individuals are sensitive to such products.
- Food: We provide food for you. If you need to bring your own food for whatever reason, we encourage you to put your name on the food and place it in the fridge located on the main floor. We can show you where that is when you check-in.
- Towels and sheets: Please keep in mind that we do not provide linens for your stay as we only have a few extra. We recommend bringing a set of twin sheets and some towels. If you forget these items, we can help you out by letting you borrow some of our extras.
If attending the retreat online, here are a few tips:
- Try to find a quiet room away from people and pets.
- Try to eat home-cooked food. This will be elaborated more later on.
- Try to wear comfortable clothes
- Try to arrive at the call about 5-10 minutes before meditation and discussion. If your computer decides it wants to update or gives you trouble just email the retreat coordinator.
- Try to get a good night’s rest.
- Be mindful and relax!