Retreat limited to 20 participants (in-person), hurry up and reserve your spot!
February 10th to 13th, 2022 (Thursday 5:00 PM to Sunday 3:00 PM)
Registration Due Date: Sunday, January 10th, 2022
Grief is often thought of to be the emotion experienced after the loss of something. We all experience grief at some point in ourselves. It is part of what makes us human.
In fact, some cultures even have multiple concepts and types of grief along with different expectations associated with each type. Although grief is defined and experienced differently around the world, the emotion is very much universal.
During this retreat, we will use our experiences to help us understand how we experience grief and how to overcome it.
This retreat will also assist you with developing mindfulness during moments in your life where the feelings of grief are prevalent. You might never forget your loss, but you can certainly help overcome your grief.
Teacher: Bhante Sathi
Retreat Format: Hybrid (online and in-person)
Fee: In-person ($350), Online ($200)
Thursday Night Schedule:
- 05:00 PM – 06:00 PM: Check-in (for those attending in person)
- 06:00 PM – 07:00 PM: Opening night - Welcome & Introduction (group in-person & zoom)
- 08:00 PM – 09:00 PM: Group discussion (group in-person & zoom)
Friday & Saturday Schedule:
- 06:00 AM – 07:15 AM: Mindful movements
- 07:15 AM – 08:15 AM: Meal and independent practice (individual)
- 08:30 AM – 10:00 AM: Morning teachings (group in-person & zoom)
- 10:00 AM – 11:15 AM: Walking and sitting practice (group in-person & zoom)
- 11:15 AM – 12:00 PM: Mindful moments
- 12:00 PM – 02:00 PM: Lunch and independent practice (individual)
- 02:00 PM – 03:00 PM: Q&A (group in-person & zoom)
- 03:15 PM – 04:00 PM: Group sitting (group in-person & zoom)
- 04:00 PM – 05:00 PM: Mindful motion with Yoga or Qigong (group in-person & zoom)
- 06:00 PM – 07:00 PM: Snack or dinner
- 07:00 PM – 08:00 PM: Teaching & talk (group in-person & zoom)
- 08:30 PM – 09:00 PM: Guided discussion
Sunday Closing Day:
- 01:00 PM – 03:00 PM: Closing practice (group in-person & zoom)
If attending the retreat in person:
- Location: Google Maps has been known to take our guests to the main house rather than the center. When you arrive, you’ll pull into a gravel road on the highway, simply keep driving until you see a large yellow building on your left-hand side next to a large white cross. That is where the Center is.
- Accommodations: The registration fee is inclusive of a single room and meals. Rooms are dorm-style with shared bathrooms.
- Clothing: Try to bring comfortable clothing as you will be spending a lot of time conducting various types of meditation and mindfulness practices.
- Toiletries: Try to avoid bringing heavily scented items and some individuals are sensitive to such products.
- Food: We provide food for you. If you need to bring your own food for whatever reason, we encourage you to put your name on the food and place it in the fridge located on the main floor. We can show you where that is when you check-in.
- Towels and sheets: Please keep in mind that we do not provide linens for your stay as we only have a few extra. We recommend bringing a set of twin sheets and some towels. If you forget these items, we can help you out by letting you borrow some of our extras.
If attending the retreat online, here are a few tips:
- Try to find a quiet room away from people and pets.
- Try to eat home-cooked food. This will be elaborated more later on.
- Try to wear comfortable clothes
- Try to arrive at the call about 5-10 minutes before meditation and discussion. If your computer decides it wants to update or gives you trouble just email the retreat coordinator.
- Try to get a good night’s rest.
- Be mindful and relax!