Triple Gem of The North (TGN) seeks to hire an on-site Caretaker for Metta Meditation Center. This is a position, responsible for maintaining the physical appearance of the building and grounds for the Metta Meditation Center.
About Metta Meditation Center
TGN was established in 2003 as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation. It was founded by Guiding Teacher Bhante Sathi as a community to promote mindfulness.
Metta Meditation Center became a branch of TGN in 2017 and was previously named as Holy spirit retreat Center.
Metta Meditation center is a retreat facility that can hold residential retreats up to 40 people and is located at lake Elysian.
Metta Meditation Center offers its own retreats and workshops organized by TGN and provides space to other organizations to conduct their retreats, workshops, and other group programs.
Job Role Functions and Responsibilities
The Caretaker’s overall function is to maintain the physical appearance of the building and grounds for the Metta Meditation Center. The main areas of responsibility are listed below.
General Upkeep and Cleaning
- Cleaning to be completed on a periodical or on an as-needed basis.
- Upkeep and cleanliness of the retreat center. (With help of other volunteers)
- Preparation of the cabin units for rental-occupancy.
- Upkeep and cleanliness of the Cabins.
- Assist the owner with small repairs, keep all receipts for supplies needed.
- Keep grounds clean of debris and ensure all trash is in the dumpsters prior to pick-up.
- Lawn mowing.
- Ensure the sidewalks, and building entrances are free of snow and ice at all times (shoveling, sweeping)
- Apply ice melt to walkways, entrances, and stairs as needed.
- Monitor and report inoperable exterior lighting.
- Monitor and report needed repairs at the development.
The Administrative Lead will be responsible for ensuring that general clerical tasks are completed efficiently and expeditiously.
- High School or equivalent, preferred.
- Abilities to operate chainsaw and lawn mower tractor.
- Driving License, preferred.
- If you know handyman duties (for example: sheetrock patching, swap out sink faucets, replace toilets wax ring, minor toilet repair,) is a plus, but not required for the position
Time Commitment, Salary & Benefits
- Part-time job
- Up to $1000 per month.
- Includes on-site accommodations.
- Access to Center classes and other programs.
- Flexible schedule.
Application Contact Information
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] before October 31st