9 Month Course
Registration Due Date:
Friday, December 17th, 2021
Teacher: Bhante Sathi
Retreat Format: In Person Only
Total Cost: $2200
($2000 if paid in full by December 1st)
* Instalment payment options and information can be found in "Payment Options"
Click here to register
We are so happy to announce that Triple Gem of the North is offering a retreat-based teaching certification. This certification attests to an acceptable level of knowledge and teaching skills required for mindful meditation teaching.
Please scroll to the bottom of the page to register.
The training will prepare you as a meditation and mindfulness teacher by educating our students on the following topics:
- Understanding, practicing and mastering mindfulness.
- Historical evolution of mindfulness.
- Several different Eastern mindfulness pathways.
- How to become a teacher based on the Buddhist Suttas.
- Understand the Bodhisatwa mind and become a Bodhisatwa (a person on the path to Buddhahood).
- Understanding the Buddhist way of life by studying key Suttas.
- The Triple Gem, The Buddha, The Dhamma, The Sangha.
- Being a community member and creating a mindful community.
- Becoming a life-long teacher using Insight Meditation and Mind Culture.
The certification program requirements include:
- Completion of assignments.
- Memorization of key Buddhist Suttas. We will study a total of 21 Suttas.
- Attending at least 75% of training retreats.
- Participants will complete one or more hands-on training sessions while a monk observes. For example, a guided meditation class.
Option 1 - Total Cost: $2200 ( $2000 if paid in full by September 3rd)
Option 2 - Installment Payment
- Program Entry Fee (Due by January 21st): $700
- Entry Fee - Early Bird Discount (Due by December 1st): $350
- Additional Payments: March 11th - $250 / April 29th - $250 / July 8th - $250 / August 19th- $250 / September 30th - $250
- Expense Breakdown: Expense for 1 person - Room 50x3x6 = 900 / Food 28x2x6= 336 / Fee 150x6 = 900 / Total = 2136
Fees will cover lodging and food expenses. (breakfast, lunch, and a light dinner). Food will be Vegan food. Please let us know if you have any food restrictions as we will do our best to accommodate you. You may also provide your own lunch if needed.
All training will be held at the Metta Meditation Retreat Center in Janesville, MN. Each retreat will begin at 6:00 pm Friday and will end at 4:00 pm on Sunday. Participants may stay at the Center Sunday night, checking out before 10:00 am Monday morning.
January 21-23: Overview of the program and a historical context
We will be focusing on “Understanding, practicing and mastering Mindfulness Meditation”
Historical evolution of Mindfulness. We will be studying all kinds of eastern mindful pathways.
March 11-13: Being a good student is the teacher
How to be a student and how to be a teacher. We will be studying various Buddhist teaching methods by studying several suttas.
April 29- May 1: On becoming a Bodhisatva
Understanding Bodhisatva mind and becoming a Bodhisatva (One who is working toward becoming enlightened.) We will be studying Buddhist Sutras to understand Buddhist way of life.
July 8-10: The Triple Gem
Understanding and utilizing the Buddha, Dhamma, and Sangha.
August 19-21: Creating a Mindful Community
Understanding the different ways a Mindful Community can be developed, and what are the guiding principles for it.
September 30-October 1: Insight Meditation and Mind Culture
Being a life-long teacher using mindfulness. Utilizing Bhavana (Insight Meditation) and culturing the mind.
Minimum 1-year weekly meditation or more than 3 residential retreats under a qualified teacher.
You will have to submit a recommendation letter from your teacher if you are not a Triple Gem meditator.