July 11th to 14th, 2024 (Thursday 5:00 PM to Sunday 3:00 PM)
Discover the path to self-discovery and personal growth in our upcoming retreat, "Cultivating Your Inner Self," scheduled from July 11 to 14, 2024. This transformative journey offers the opportunity to explore your inner world, reshape your attitudes, and gain profound insights that can guide you toward wisdom and peacefulness.
What to Expect:
During this retreat, you will:
1. Inner Self Awareness: Embark on a journey of self-awareness, enabling you to explore the depths of your inner self and reconnect with your true essence.
2. Reshaping Attitudes: Learn to reshape your inner attitudes, fostering a more positive and compassionate outlook on life.
3. Beginner's Mind: Understand and cultivate the concept of the "beginner's mind," a mindset of openness and receptivity that can lead to new and transformative insights.
4. Mindful Observation: Gain insight by observing your actions and reactions without judgment. This practice will help you better understand your thought patterns, emotions, and behaviors.
5. Enhancing Wisdom: Develop wisdom and peacefulness as you delve into the teachings of Buddhism and explore practical techniques to apply these principles in your daily life.
6. Mindfulness Techniques: Learn and practice mindfulness techniques that promote present-moment awareness and self-compassion.
7. Healthy and Wise Lifestyle: Discover the art of living a healthy and wise lifestyle that nurtures your physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
8. Healing Techniques: Experience healing practices that promote mental and emotional well-being, allowing you to release and transform past wounds.
9. Everyday Buddhist Techniques: Acquire valuable Buddhist techniques that you can integrate into your daily life, fostering mindfulness and inner peace.
Unearth the inner wisdom and peace within you by joining our retreat, "Cultivating Your Inner Self," from July 11 to 14, 2024. The insights and practices you'll gain during this retreat are not only transformative but also applicable to your daily life, providing a foundation for lasting self-improvement and personal growth.
Don't miss this chance to embark on a profound journey of self-discovery and personal enrichment. Reserve your spot today and embrace the teachings and practices that can lead to a more mindful, wise, and fulfilling life
Teacher: Bhante Sathi
Retreat Format: In-person
Fee: $420 include food and Lodging, ($370 for monthly contributors)
Dāna (Pali, Generosity): Please note that the retreat fee covers the Center’s expenses for hosting participants. It is customary to make additional donations for the teacher and meals.
Teacher: Sathi has been practicing meditation for more than 35 years and teaching for 25 years. Sathi has traveled all over the United States and Europe to lead meditation retreats and workshops. Sathi is the founder and leading teacher at the Metta meditation center.
Food: Vegetarian breakfast and lunch will be provided. dinner will be a light snack.
Accommodation: This retreat is at the Metta Meditation Center. Your allocated room will be given at the time of registration. You will find the accommodations are not luxurious, but quite adequate for the purpose of the retreat. There is a scenic view of the lake and the meditation hall is quiet and spacious. Bedrooms are conveniently accessible. There are separate quarters for male and female participants. Most rooms have two beds so you will likely have a roommate. Rooms will be assigned based on the same gender. If you have any preference for a roommate or a single room, please let us know in advance.
Attendance: Retreat participants are asked and strongly encouraged to start and end the retreat with the entire group. Any exceptions to this are only made by the teacher with special permission granted.
Clothing and Other Details: Clothing worn during the retreat should cover the entire body (for example long pants are preferred over shorts). Short sleeve shirts are acceptable though sleeveless shirts should be avoided. Clothing should be comfortable. Also, heavily scented perfumes/products should be avoided. There are members of the community who are sensitive to certain scents.
To reserve your spot immediately, please click on the "donate" button below to make a payment.
- 05:00 PM - 06:00 PM: checking and Dinner
- 06:00 PM – 07:00 PM: Opening Night Welcome & Introduction
- 08:00 PM – 09:00 PM: Group Discussion
Friday & Saturday
- 06:00 AM – 07:15 AM: Mindful movements
- 07:15 AM – 08:15 AM: Meal and independent practice
- 08:30 AM – 10:00 AM: Morning teachings
- 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM: Walking and sitting practice
- 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM: Mindful moments
- 12:00 PM – 02:00 PM: Lunch and independent practice (individual)
- 02:00 PM – 03:00 PM: Q&A (group in-person & zoom)
- 03:15 PM – 04:30 PM: Group sitting
- 04:30 PM – 05:30 PM: Mindful motion with Yoga or Qigong (group in-person & zoom)
- 06:00 PM – 07:00 PM: Snack or dinner
- 07:00 PM – 08:30 PM: Guided discussion
- 08:30 PM – 09:00 PM: Sitting Practice
Sunday Closing Day
- 06:00 AM – 07:15 AM: Mindful movements
- 07:15 AM – 08:30 AM: Meal and Independent Practice
- 08:30 AM – 10:00 AM: Teaching and Meditation
- 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM : Walking and sitting practice
- 01:00 PM – 02:00 PM: Closing practice
If attending the retreat in person:
- Location: Google Maps has been known to take our guests to the main house rather than the center. When you arrive, you’ll pull into a gravel road on the highway, simply keep driving until you see a large yellow building on your left-hand side next to a large white cross. That is where the Center is.
- Accommodations: The registration fee is inclusive of a room and meals. Rooms are dorm-style with shared bathrooms.
- Clothing: Try to bring comfortable clothing as you will be spending a lot of time conducting various types of meditation and mindfulness practices.
- Toiletries: Try to avoid bringing heavily scented items and some individuals are sensitive to such products.
- Food: We provide food for you. If you need to bring your own food for whatever reason, we encourage you to put your name on the food and place it in the fridge located on the main floor. We can show you where that is when you check in.
- Towels and sheets: Please keep in mind that we do not provide linens for your stay as we only have a few extra. We recommend bringing a set of twin sheets and some towels. If you forget these items, we can help you out by letting you borrow some of our extras.